Monday, January 11, 2010

one year of work, paid off.
higher chinese A1.

i remember that my heart was thumping like mad during lunch. you know it's not a nice feeling when you know you screwed it up once before, and the prospect of history repeating itself is just a tad too much to bear. just picture it and you'll know what i mean.
well, i think my immediate feeling after i saw my results was one word.
RELIEF.
haha i remember how people like dawn were saying that i still had this buay song look despite the aftermath of collection of results. i guess i was just too relieved that it was all over and that i got what i desired. don't think that i'm crazy though, the smiles and hoorays are just hidden deep inside me that's all! =DDD

but on hindsight, it isn't THAT great an achievement. it is after all a lone subject when tons of others took 10 or 11 exams at one go and still managed to achieve flying colors. plus i had the opportunity to do it twice (which meant loads of extra time), which was really a god given chance in itself if you think about it. well, i think ultimately the most important lesson for me is not to get complacent.

today was one of the days where i felt most productive schoolwork wise. why, i was mugging for chem test before chem h3/my exco meeting in the canteen, came home and went straight for econs/math catchup.
i believe it's due in large part to post-results euphoria! maybe i'd try framing/putting up my results slip in front of my table and it might serve as a surprisingly effective motivator =)
have not continued revision for tomorrow's chem test but who cares! that'd come later.

before i end i just want to talk a little bit about first day of school. haha, j2 homecoming was just >.> for me, it was so messy and noisy and packed that it the feeling just wasn't right.
we got a new gp tutor too! wow i can definitely sense some pro aura around him. this could prove to be our saviour from last year's mess made by...*hem hem*.
new math tutor coming in tomorrow too (huhu mr tan why did you have to go). no idea how he's like, but i guess in around 10 hours' time i will.
started the school year off with tons of cca stuff too. exco meetings, ONE week preparations have got me quite a few things to occupy myself with. ah and npcc's going to get alot busier too. let's go let's go.

hmm random quote to end it off:
Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again and blossom, but we hope it, we know it.


---

Testify To Love - Avalon

All the colors of the rainbow
All of voices of the wind
Every dream that reaches out
That reaches out to find where love begins
Every word of every story
Every star in every sky
Every corner of creation lives to testify

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
With every breath I take I will give thanks to God above
For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love

From the mountains to the valleys
From the rivers to the sea
Every hand that reaches out
Every hand that reaches out to offer peace
Every simple act of mercy
Every step to kingdom come
All the Hope in every heart will,speak what love has done

O-Oh Ohhh

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
With every breath I take I will give thanks to God above
For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love

Colors of the rainbow
Voices of the wind
Heaven reaches out where love begins
Word of every story
Star in every sky
All creation testify

Mountains to the valleys
Rivers to the sea
Heaven reaches out to offer peace
Simple act of mercy
Kingdom come
Every heart will speak what love has done

Colors of the rainbow
Voices of the wind
Heaven reaches out where love begins
Word of every story
Star in every sky
All creation testify

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
With every breath I take I will give thanks to God above
For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
With every breath I take I will give thanks to God above
For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
With every breath I take I will give thanks to God above
For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love!